Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Job Number: 345161
Assistant Accounting Manager
Direct Hire in Newnan, @ 85K annual
A successful Assistant Accounting Manager combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to assist Accounting Manager with the day-to-day operation of the Accounting Department. The ideal candidate is able to collaborate with co-workers to complete task
The Assistant Accounting Manager s primary responsibilities includes accounts receivable, cash management, dealer credit, contracts, budgeting, and forecasting. This role will supervise the Accounts Receivable Coordinator s daily activities
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for daily cash management including forecasting, loan initiations and wire transfers.
- Manage accounts receivable and credit administration including AR aging, collections, and credit limits.
- Administer new dealer approval by preparing contracts, financial statement analysis, and comparative dealer analysis.
- Prepare and review weekly aging reports for delinquent and problem accounts.
- Manage trade discounts and determine monthly/quarterly trade discount provision.
- Report monthly and quarterly company results to parent company using proprietary software.
- Assist with the annual budget process and quarterly forecasting. Perform monthly variance analysis of actuals, budgets and forecast.
- Provide support to department managers in resolving accounting or process discrepancies.
- Prepare assigned external and internal audit schedules.
- Perform special projects as required by Accounting Manager.
Budgeting and Forecasting experience is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills is a must
- Strong problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively, knowledgeably and collaboratively with a wide range of internal company functions and external officials or representatives.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor s degree in accounting, or finance
- CPA, budgeting/forecasting and manufacturing accounting is a plus.
- 8+ years of accounting experience with supervisory experience in a mid-size company and/or related audit experience.