Job Category: Professional
Job Number: 349970
Pay Rate: $13.00/hour
Department: Athletics/Events & Portables Reports to: Operations Manager
Temp to Hire | Fulltime | $13.00/hour
This job entails renovation work on athletic flooring and accessories to include sanding, installation, base, screening, repairs, painting of floor graphics and application of floor finish, among other things. This position requires that you are willing and able to travel. The work is performed mainly in, but not limited to job sites throughout Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and Kentucky.
- Must be able to work without constant or direct supervision.
- Must have good customer service skills in order to be able to communicate with Praters customers and explain work progress and address any complaints or concerns they may have.
- Lifting, bending and carrying equipment and materials such as bundles of wood and/or pails of finish or other heavy objects with weights sometimes exceeding 100 lbs.
- Have the experience or the ability to learn to operate and perform minor job site maintenance on construction equipment or tools such as saws, drills, floor sanders, buffers, nail guns, etc.
- Ability to at times to perform heavy physical work such as hand sanding the edges of hardwood floors.
- Follow the correct procedures for a quality job, performing it safely and maintaining job site cleanliness as specified in the employee manual or by Management.
- The ability to read a tape measure and make the proper calculations for woodcuts, etc.
- Willingness to travel as needed. Usual travel days are Monday Friday.
- Willing to work overtime and some weekends.
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic carpentry or construction experience
- Industrial painting experience
- Hardwood flooring experience preferred
- Have a good work ethic and be able to produce high-quality work
- Ability to stand and bend for long periods of time and the ability to lift 100+ pounds periodically
- Able to effectively and efficiently organize, work well on a team but also have the independence to work individually
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be willing to travel overnight
- Must have a valid driver' s license and clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen, background check, & TBI fingerprinting for schools
- Must currently have or the ability to obtain a medical DOT card
Call or Text Gary Frame at 423-491-7210 or Send resumes to: gframe@chaseprofessionals.Com
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.