Job Category: Technical
Job Number: 350922
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour
1st Shift R&D Technician, must be Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Working in a very clean Lab in Peachtree City, GA.
This position is to supply, prepare and perform laboratory assays according to the standard operational procedures under the direction of Senior Manager/Project Manager and/or Assistant Manager. Helps organizing laboratory in cleanly manner. Also, requires to support microbiological analyzes carried out in the laboratory as part of technical service to customers.
- Primary job functions (70%)
- Assist and perform laboratory assays:
- Supply various Microbiological growth media, other laboratory solutions and clean instruments on timely manner, preparing necessary set-up and clean-up for fast-paced daily analyses.
- Carrying out technical service operations to support R&D team, such as egg quality test, DNA extraction and product analysis etc., in accordance with the authorized standard operational procedures.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities for smooth and safe operation of the R&D team such as supplying clean instruments for the analysis, have proper knowledge of dispositioning hazardous biological and chemical wastes, preparing Petri dishes, and maintaining inventory of the lab by keeping records accurately.
- Demonstrate consistency and accuracy with high level of recording numbers. Must be able to solve simple mathematical calculations.
- Associate s degree or higher is preferred; and 0 to 2 years lab experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- Preferred knowledge
- Microbiology (Bacteriology and Molecular Biology)
- Food/Feed Science
- Preferred skills
- Aseptic technique
- Plate Media preparation
- CFU enumeration
- Microscope investigation
- DNA extraction
- Endpoint PCR and quantitative PCR
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.
- Must pass Background check and drug test.