Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Job Number: 343634
Well Established electronics manufacturing company is looking for a Cost Accountant II!
Job Title: Cost Accountant 2
Job Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Job Days Worked: Monday-Friday
Job: Hours From: 8: 30 A M Hours To: 5: 00 PM
Salary Range: High $50K to low $60K
- Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates assigned Group' s operating results and financial performance.
- Review s and compares assigned Group' s operating profit and loss results to established plans, standard costs, and previous actuals.
- Identifies and investigates factors contributing to variances.
- Prepares routine to moderately complex analyses to determine standard costing of materials, direct labor, and direct expenses.
- Collects, compiles information, and prepares routine to moderately complex reports on assigned Group' s operational results, profit and loss performance, and achievement of strategic management objectives.
- Reviews sales, cost of sales, expenses, and inventory transactions.
- Identifies, researches, resolves discrepancies, and prepares correcting journal entries.
- Participates in month-end closing by preparing journal entries including accruals.
- Participates in periodic Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and KPMG audits.
- Interfaces with auditors and provide required documentation and analysis as required.
- May perform test documentation for the respective internal sub-process controls.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instruction on new projects or assignments.
- Daily interaction with internal management and staff in corporate accounting and strategy as well as production control and warehouse in the assigned Group.
- Interaction normally involves exchanging information and giving guidance and direction on cost accounting procedures.
- Works on routine to moderately complex issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- 2-4 years experience in financial analysis and/or cost accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting and business finance principles and processes.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) preferred.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Certificate preferred.
- Strong project management (following through on commitments) and organizational skills, accuracy, detailed and deadline oriented.
- Self-driven, works independently with minimal direction required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and business skills; inquisitive/curiosity to investigate data.
- Comfortable pulling together information from multiple sources and working with large amounts of data; resourceful.
- Advanced oral, reading and writing skills in English.
- Ability to communicate professionally with various levels of peers, leadership and customers through written and oral communications.
- Intermediate MS Office; specifically, Excel. Oracle experience a plus.
Apply online or contact our Accounting Division at 404-442-9200
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.