Job Category: Professional
Job Number: 343931
Chase Professionals has an exciting opportunity with a very well established firm in Charlotte who is looking to add to their team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Successful candidates will have:
Experience detailing structural steel elements including: mill lists, shop drawings for beams, column, bracing, lintels, pour stops, etc. - erection and anchor/embed drawings, field work drawings.
Certification by the NSD is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to interpret and implement applicable provisions of the AISC, AWS, ANSI and others
- Read and understand structural and architectural design documents
- Read and understand drawings/date provided by other trades (joists, deck curtain wall, elevator, stairs/rails, MEP, etc.)
- Understand structural fabrication shop practices and procedures
- Utilize 3D detailing software for all aspects of the modeling and shop/erection drawing process (Tekla Structures experience is preferred)
- Understand general construction concepts (not limited to steel construction)
- Work within a team environment but be self motivated to work independently with minimal oversight
- Have a willingness to work with a sense of urgency in a schedule driven environment.
- Effectively communicate design issues that affect detailing
- Understanding of connection engineering concepts and best practices
- Experience with MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of other CAD applications (i.E.AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc.)
- BIM coordination experience with other trades
- Authoring RDI' s and following through with the impact of their responses
Starting salary: $37K (Flexible depending on experience)
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.
Interested candidates are welcome to complete our online application. Please contact our office at (704) 499-9168 after completing the application or if you have any further questions.