Job Category: Light Industrial
Job Number: 320056
Pay Rate: $70000.00/year
The Production Supervisor is responsible for all shop floor operations in the Production Departments. Accountability includes personnel safety, performance, motivation, and reporting. They are also required to ensure that all quality and environmental standards are met. Reports to Production Manager.
Interested candidate, please send resumes to Emontes@chaseprofessionals.Com (Monica Montes) or call 847-870-1777
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for a safe and organized shop floor, smooth & timely order flow, efficiency and productivity, and allocation of personnel to continuously improve on-time shipment performance (reduce lead times and elimination of overtime).
- Lead and coordinate the continuous improvement process in the department and on the shop floor
- Personnel management for non-exempt employees such as: motivation and team building, time and attendance, hiring and firing, disciplinary actions, create and update job descriptions, link between management and shop floor.
- Create, update, document and enforce all Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures
- Lead, coordinate and document all employee training with a strong focus on cross-training Responsible for creation, approval, update, documentation and enforcement of all work instructions and standard operating procedure for all production employees Responsible for 2 nd line trouble-shooting for all manufacturing processes.
QUALIFICATIONS /EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recognized as a strong contributor within the organization
- Very strong ability and desire to learn and apply new concepts
- The personality and desire of a strong " change agent"
- Very strong ability to lead, coach, facilitate, and communicate with individuals across a broad
- Range of education, experience, and functional levels
- Demonstrated high performance and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to break down personality barriers and deal with functional barriers that may also occur
- Drive for Results & Action Oriented
- Basic metallurgical understanding of metal (mechanical properties, crystalline structure)
- Strong knowledge in all on-sight operations (cold rolling, continuous annealing, leveling, slitting, packaging)
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing to develop a base of manufacturing process knowledge.
- Experience in LEAN or Six Sigma - Green Belt certification
- Radiation safety officer, optional