Job Category: Professional
Job Number: 346581
Pay Rate: $20.00/hour
We are currently looking for an entry level Environmental professional to join our client in the Northwest Suburbs.
You can apply online ( www.Chaseprofessionals.Com) or apply in person: 3501 Algonquin Road Suite 220 Rolling Meadows, Illinois (Mon - Fri 10: 00pm - 3: 00pm)
This position is responsible for contributing to a safe work place and will lead the identification of and response to the environmental needs and concerns of regulators, company management and employees.
- Please call for additional questions or email (emontes@chaseprofessionals.Com) Monica Montes to discuss your qualifications and availability 847-870-1777
- Contract to Hire: Must meet probationary period
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain EMS and ISO 140001 certification and conformance to the standard.
- Regularly conducts facility inspections (hazardous waste, storm water, etc).
- Assist with environmental site audits and coordinate the facility response to audit findings.
- Ensure facility compliance RMP and environmental regulations.
- Manage preparation of permit applications for modifications and renewals.
- Work with Corporate and Plant engineers on construction projects as needed.
- Performs complex technical work to ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions and obtains management approval for implementation.
- Develops, implements, and maintains programs, systems, and procedures to ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
- Conducts compliance assurance reviews of environmental programs and requirements.
- Recommends improvements in processes, management systems, procedures, and operating equipment to comply with environmental requirements.
- Develops and conducts employee training and emergency preparedness.
- Preparation of external and internal reports.
- Provides regulatory interpretations and technical advice to operating assets using effective communications techniques.
- Performs due diligence as required.
- Maintains expert knowledge of existing and proposed environmental regulations.
- Provides leadership and direction through effective communications to less experienced operations staff
- Assists with occupational safety programs as directed.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
- Bachelor s degree or an advanced degree in environmental science, engineering, or a related degree and 1 year experience with environmental compliance and EMS (ISO 14001), OR equivalent experience and training.
- Working knowledge and experience in analyzing and implementing permit requirements; identifying environmental issues; providing recommendations and developing clear SOP' s.
- Must have advanced mathematical, science and analytical abilities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Knowledge of Presentation software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
Chase Professionals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law