Elk Grove Village,
Job Category: Technical
Job Number: 345029
Pay Rate: $60000.00/year
Our client is searching for Field Service Technician s to service Injection Molding Machines. This individual will work out of our North American Headquarters and travel Central and South America. This position requires very good communication skills and the mechanical and electrical knowledge necessary to repair, troubleshoot, modify and test complex technical problems on industrial machine tool products for our customers. These services are provided on-site at our customer s facilities and via telephone if situation permits.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform equipment installation as well as verify proper operation of machines to the manufacture specifications by performing any needed test.
- Provide proper training to customers with the overall intention of instructing and/or recommending methods that will improve and/or enhance the performance of the machinery and optimize its usage for their particular needs.
- Working knowledge of how to read mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to operate computer using windows operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have current valid driver s license.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Provide telephone service support to customers when in the office.
- Periodically provide after-hours telephone support to customers.
- Travel to customer sites throughout North America, as well as possible travel to Central and South America, to service plastic injection molding machines, including; troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, installation, installation start-up, etc., as required.
- Be on-call for emergency dispatch to customer sites as required.
- Assist with modification and re-assembly of in-house machines as required.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to determine customer problems with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to interact with customers in a way so as to maintain customer confidence in machinery and products.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers and customers.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems
- Skilled in mechanical measurement and inspection techniques
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
2-5 year Electronic or Mechanical Degree preferred.
Previous experience as field service in the machine tool industry a plus.
You can apply online ( www.Chaseprofessionals.Com ) or apply in person: 3501 Algonquin Road Suite 220 Rolling Meadows, Illinois (Mon - Fri 10: 00pm - 3: 00pm) Please ask for Monica Montes or call to discuss your qualifications and availability 847-870-1777
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Chase Professionals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law