Job Category: Technical
Job Number: 346144
Pay Rate: $15.50/hour
In this role you will be involved in the machining or processing of metal parts by operating industrial machines including manual horizontal lathes and manual mills.
To perform this job successfully you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Make decisions for length of burnishing time to obtain proper quality and size of tube.
- Determine minimum quality acceptable from visual inspection of the high frequency resistance seam weld on each tube.
- Make daily decisions regarding the straightness, length, and cut quality of tubes, relative to specifications.
- Continual visual inspection of tubes to assure an acceptable level of quality is maintained according to specifications.
- Inspect for and remove scarfing left in the tube from the Blowout process.
- Use pneumatic powered buffer to remove rust, mill scale, and other contamination from the welded seams to enable inspection of the seam.
- Performs close visual inspection of the welded seams to discover any discontinuities in the welds and any other defects.
- Use pneumatic powered grinder to grind all welds flush.
- Perform set-up of Straightener to assure hold down cables and roller supports are located correctly for varying sizes of tubes.
- Inspect tubes for straightness; straighten as necessary, to produce tubes meeting specifications and industry standards.
- Maintain all equipment is designated area to assure proper working condition at all times.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on all equipment in assigned areas.
- Notify Supervisor and/or Lead Person when assistance is required for maintenance and/or other repairs that are beyond his/her capabilities.
- Assist Maintenance personnel on performing maintenance and repair work as needed.
- Assist set-up of other production equipment as directed by Lead Person.
- Keep assigned area clean.
- Help maintain housekeeping program throughout Tube Mill as directed by Lead Person.
- Maintain Safety awareness and be alert at all times, to detect, avoid, and/or correct unsafe conditions.
- Good work ethics and reliable
- Positive attitude
- Strong mechanical aptitude previous manufacturing experience a plus
- Willing to be trained with a desire to learn a trade
- Requires simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting pushing pulling and positioning components
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire shift
- Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus as is general mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work in a team setting
You can apply online ( www.Chaseprofessionals.Com) or apply in person: 3501 Algonquin Road Suite 220 Rolling Meadows, Illinois (Mon - Fri 10: 00pm - 3: 00pm) Please call for additional questions or email (IL01@chaseprofessionals.Com) to discuss your qualifications and availability 847-870-1777
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Chase Professionals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law