Job Category: Engineering
Job Number: 352267
Pay Rate: $50000.00/year
This position will serve to independently and collaboratively troubleshoot industrial electro-mechanical systems and machinery, operating within the maintenance department.
Interested candidates, please call or email Monica Montes 847-870-1777 Emontes@chaseprofessionals.Com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Interface with machine operators to understand and determine machine issues.
- Work with maintenance technicians to determine if the problem is electrical or mechanical, and assist with mechanical work if necessary.
- Identify potential root causes using a systematic logic based approach.
- Develop and implement root cause mitigation and countermeasure options.
- Independently step through and deploy short and long term solutions to minimize machine downtime.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining work instructions and support documentation.
- Backup and maintain a library of memory, programs, and parameters for devices such as PLCs, programming devices, computers, and drives.
- Schedule calibration of equipment such as thermocouples, oscilloscopes, and multimeters.
- Request pricing and availability on various machine components from vendors.
- Secure quotes from contractors for certain services and coordinate with production to schedule their completion if necessary.
- Replace or repair damaged electrical components (e.G. Contactors, breakers, fuses, drives) as necessary.
- Observe OSHA and NFPA safety procedures and best practices at all times
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering is required.
- Basic understanding of PLC functionality is required.
- Proficiency in Windows OS applications such as MS Word and MS Excel is required.
- Experience with using measuring equipment such as oscilloscopes, calipers, and DMMs is required.
- Moderate mechanical knowledge and experience using hand tools is required.
- Experience with Siemens PLCs and drives is a plus.
- Experience with object oriented programming languages such as C++ and Visual Basic is a plus.
- Experience with graphical programming software such as Simulink or Matlab is a plus.
- Proficiency in performing PC builds is a plus.
- Soldering skills are a plus.
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Chase Professionals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law