Job Category: Technical
Job Number: 343615
Pay Rate: $11.00/hour
- Machine Operators operate and tend machinery in all departments. Train on 1st shift, move to 2nd.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Machine Operator:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles and must be able to wear safety goggles and a dust mask. The employee must pass an OSHA respirator physical in order to be authorized to wear a dust mask. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Work conditions can be cold in the winter & hot in the summer.
- Listens for unusual sounds and looks for visible problems in order to detect existing or possible equipment problems and brings those problems to the attention of the department supervisor.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified lengths as indicated by scale, rule, or templates.
- Positions work piece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blades.
- Pushes buttons, depresses pedals or throws switches to activate machinery.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust or scales from work piece.
- Assists other workers in setting up machines and in stacking, marking, packing and transporting beginning and finished products.
- DT and BG required, High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- TEMP TO HIRE WITH BENEFITS
- CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.