Job Category: Technical
Job Number: 338561
Pay Rate: $52000.00/year
Maintenance Mechanic 2nd Shift
Starting at 45k ++ DOE
Key responsibilities include maintenance, set up and adjustment of plant equipment with responsibility for production and quality in a safe and efficient manner; other duties as assigned by management or supervisors.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and adjustments on production equipment, conveyors, pumps, motors and pneumatic systems; following blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer' s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of production equipment using hand tools.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance and running adjustments.
- Repair machinery using machine shop tools, welders, sheet metal shop tools.
- Monitors equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies for repairs and projects.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending and participating in training for new equipment and systems.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
BASIC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Meet the legal minimum age requirement
- Authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years manufacturing experience as a mechanic on high speed lines or packaging equipment
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Mechanical aptitude to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools
- Ability to learn computer programs
- Ability to use a logical thought process
- Ability to process technical information
- Ability to work independently, relying on self-motivation and direction
- High level of initiative and ability to plan activities in advance
- Ability and desire to function in a team environment
- Ability to interact with others in a polite and cordial manner
- 5 years manufacturing experience as a mechanic on high speed lines or packaging equipment
- Temperature extremes, both hot and cold
- Working with chemicals
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.