Job Category: Light Industrial
Job Number: 346752
Pay Rate: $12.50/hour
Position: Assembler / Material Handler
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 6am until finish.
Pay rate: $12.50 per hour
- Safely and efficiently load, unload and build outgoing loads of lumber and building materials into storage facilities, onto semi-trailer trucks and flatbeds, securing all outgoing loads in appropriate and safe stacking method.
- Regularly empties trash receptacles and maintains a clean warehouse and yard.
- Safely operates banding equipment, saws and other necessary facility equipment.
- Occasionally provides load delivery assistance upon Location Manager directive when loads are difficult or oversized.
- Receives and organizes all incoming lumber, warehouse products, commodities and materials in a timely and efficient manner. Completing all verification paperwork and material distribution into the appropriate bins and storage locations/areas within same business day.
- Participates in and supports Inventory and Inventory Control activities, maintaining organized warehouse and yard as well as counting and preparation work for inventories.
- Other duties may be assigned by the manager
- Assembles building material components such as wall panels, roof and floor trusses and/or millwork products such as doors or windows. Processes include insertion or positioning of materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand and power tools.
- Plans and implements the assembly process by reading and understanding set-up sheets, work orders, drawings or blueprints and gathers necessary materials and tools to complete order.
- Ensures that assembled items meet specific quality specifications; may propose process improvements in order to increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly processes.
- Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related production goals.
- Responds attentively to training from Supervisor or more senior assemblers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Minimum education - High School Diploma or GED.
- Lumber and building material product knowledge, basic math skills, accurate with a tape measure, saw and hammer.
- Ability to use hand and power tools to assemble either building materials components or millwork products.
- Knowledge of safety procedures while assembly
- Manual knowledge of safety procedures while performing assembly tasks.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry
- Basic computer knowledge is a plus.
- Spanish language is a plus.
This position requires an interview, after you get approved you must be able to pass a background check & drug screen.
If you are interested in this position, please call us at 770 932 3223 and ask for ANGELICA to start your application process.