Job Category: Technical
Job Number: 345590
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
Summary: Assemble packaging/labeling equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and materials properly and report potentially unsafe conditions to management. Personal safety actions will be accountable in performance review.
- Follow assembly instruction, process, and procedures.
- Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
- Comply with policies and guidelines.
- Report problems with quality, process, equipment and material to production manager.
- Operate a fork truck.
- Provide hands on job functions training to coworkers as needed.
- Correctly complete all relevant paper work.
- Provide assistance in the production of wiring assemblies.
- Assemble individual components into useable sub-assemblies and then into complete packaging/labeling machines. Operate, test, and crate machinery for shipment to customers
- Document machine assembly specifications and testing data.
- Confer with engineers, technicians, production personnel and others regarding testing procedures and results to resolve problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Ability to read Mechanical Engineering Drawings.
- Ability to trouble shoot both electrical and mechanical problems.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems: a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas.
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment; responds with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to assemble, test and troubleshoot equipment.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to interact with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems as they arise.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is infrequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders up to 20 feet. There may be exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. In the summertime the ambient temperature can be hot.
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location