Job Category: Light Industrial
Job Number: 345593
Pay Rate: $13.00/hour
Summary: Prepares and finishes materials for conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers. Prepares aluminum castings for use in manufacturing and finishes parts produced in machine shop by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads blue prints, determines material to be used and determines rough cut dimensions of material per specifications.
- Maintains and tracks inventory through the metal finishing area.
- Operates pneumatic and electrical grinders. Be able to use a file and de-burring tools. Operates sandblasting equipment, power washer, wheelabrator, vibratory, and timesaver equipment to roughen and clean surface of work pieces.
- Positions workpieces into holding fixtures of conveyor. Operates hoists. Inspects work pieces for defects and removes finished pieces from conveyor.
- Attaches nozzle onto spray gun and positions gun at specified distance from work piece. Connects hoses from gun to air compressor and fuel tanks.
- Operates fork truck in safe and efficient manner.
- Installs gears to accommodate larger workpieces.
- Makes sure all equipment is in working condition and uses safe handling procedures.
- Maintains work areas, keeps floor clear of debris, and ensures that work area is neat and organized.
Observe all safety and security procedures for your area. Use equipment and materials properly and report potentially unsafe conditions to management. Your personal safety actions will be accountable in your performance review.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer machine shop or similar trade experience and/or training. Forklift certification or ability to become certified for forklift operation.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to interpret work orders and acknowledge stock needed to complete the job.
- Must be familiar with various measuring methods and tools for machining work.
- Ability to interact and communicate with production personnel, programmer or other personnel.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to handle or feel, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, knell, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lit and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and the employee can be exposed to shop elements, such as dust, odors, fumes, and oils. Ambient temperature can range from extreme heat to cool. This job entails frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery.
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location