Hours: 8am to 5pm
Maintains relationships and obtains orders of existing customers in retail store environment and through ongoing engagement with repeat customers. Performs any duties assigned by the branch or counter sales manager.
1. Generates acceptable Gross Profit through sales of products.
2. Tracks customer orders for on-time delivery and appropriate billing.
3. Maintains counter sales area for appearance and current supplier promotional materials.
4. Handles customer returns and credits in a timely fashion.
5. Follows up (by phone or visit) on quotations submitted to customers.
6. Ensures customers receive orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
7. Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, other key personnel).
8. Grows business by making outbound calls to existing customers and prospects.
9. Maintains communications with key internal resources concerning customer relations and responds to concerns in a timely manner.
10. Communicates promotional activities to key customers in a timely manner.
1. Participates in annual inventory preparation and inventory process.
2. Participates in rotational on-call duty for assigned branch.
3. Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by the branch or counter sales manager.
4. Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision from the branch or counter sales manager.
1. High School Diploma or extensive experience.
2. Six months operational experience in electrical distribution industry.
3. Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES:
1. One year in operations at Mayer or equivalent sales experience outside Mayer.
2. Two years Counter Sales in electrical distribution industry.
3. NAED EDGE or CounterPro certification within 90 days of hire.
4. NAED EPEC Bronze certification in progress.