Job Category: Technical
Job Number: 349422
Position: Product Development Technician in Textile Lab - Direct Hire with Benefits
Location: Corporate Office Union City, GA
The Product Development Technician reports to the Product Development Engineer. The Technician will work out of the Corporate Office, but will frequently visit manufacturing locations, especially Spinning and Finishing. Other off-site travel, although infrequent, is possible.
The Technician provides the following services to individual Engineers:
- Provide reliable testing of development samples and flag any testing abonomolies to the development engineer.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all laboratory test methods.
- Track sample runs through manufacturing. Observe samples at selected manufacturing or inspection steps and give feedback to Engineer.
- Develop ability to read and understand NFPA and ASTM test methods.
- Locate, cut, and ship certain development samples and materials
- Participate in the development and performance of new or unique fabric tests
- Track incoming data from development wear trials
- Other tasks may be required, especially when engineer is traveling
- Responsible, independent self-starter with initiative
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong willingness to learn about textiles, textile testing and textile processing
- Good written communication skills
- send resumes to; newnan@chaseprofessionals.Com