Job Category: Professional
Job Number: 342499
Pay Rate: $65000.00/year
Our client Located in the Northwest Suburbs is seeking to add a talented Production Supervisor to their team. Please keep in mind this is a 3-2-2 Schedule
This position manages the production function by leading, training and developing a team of operators and workers such that they are capable of continuously achieving the expected performance levels. This includes but is not limited to the areas of safety, employee involvement, scheduling, human resource issues, and work place orderliness. Success in this role will be primarily measured by the ability to reduce waste and through the achievement of operational objectives of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Schedules and directs employees in assignment and completion of production work.
- Creates and trains a team of workers to achieve or exceed budgeted production goals while maintaining compliance with environmental and other regulatory requirements.
- Checks the types, location, quantity, and availability of materials needed to complete the production requirements for the shift.
- Checks records from previous shift, and alerts maintenance of potential equipment problems. Directs incoming material shipments where, when and how to unload.
- Supports FFL initiatives and projects which drive continual improvement, foster a culture of safety leadership, development of employees, and support business objectives.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet schedules. Determines overtime work schedule and approves employee time in Kronos.
- Completes on a daily basis all production information to be entered.
- Interprets instructions, specifications, or job orders to employees.
- Monitors production output and quality data. Maintains time and production records. Compiles reports for management review.
- Provides hands-on operation of furnaces with responsibility for optimizing recoveries.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase employee efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves or assists workers in resolving work related problems.
- Conducts meetings with employees and ensures compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments or shifts.
- Provides relief supervision on weekends, nights and holidays or as needed.
- Directly supervises 10 to 20 production employees.
- Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelors Degree and two to three years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and directly related supervisory experience;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations is required;
- Proven ability to develop, implement and manage systems and procedures and work with minimal supervision while also leading others toward plant goal achievement;
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and team leadership skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel;
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, ethical and challenge driven;
- Ability to work in a fast - paced environment.
- Green Belt/Black Belt certified or equivalent;
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Chase Professionals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law