Our client is seeking to add a talented Quality Engineer to their facility in Jasper, TN. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall quality assurance process and provide quality product to our customers. Please note this is a 12 hour shift/ and rotating weekends. *Please only apply if you are comfortable working that schedule. *
The 2-2 3-2 2-3 rotating shift schedule uses 4 teams (crews) and 2 twelve-hour shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. It consists of a 4-week cycle where each team works 2 consecutive day shifts, followed by 2 days off duty, works 3 consecutive day shifts, followed by 2 days off duty, works 2 consecutive day shifts, followed by 3 days off duty, 2 consecutive night shifts, followed by 2 days off duty, works 3 consecutive night shifts, followed by 2 days off duty, works 2 consecutive night shifts, followed by 3 days off duty. Personnel work an average 42 hours per week.
* Assist the machine operators in the preparation and processing of coils.
* Operate production line equipment to transfer, stack, wrap, and store finished material.
* Remove scrap from production lines and loading trucks for proper disposal.
* Follow all required work instructions and quality standards.
* Assist the production line staff in the inspection of coils to minimize production errors.
* Analyze and recommend corrective actions to eliminate root cause and maximizing equipment performance.
* Safely operating forklifts, overhead cranes, and power-tools.
* Provide any necessary training to area team members on work instructions, production processes, and safety procedures.
* Ensure 5s and housekeeping programs are maintained and followed.
* Ability to become a qualified forklift and crane operator.
* Complete and pass training on assigned material handling equipment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, able to understand, speak, and read English.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Must be able to read basic shop measurements, fractions, and decimals.
* Must be able to use hand and power tools.
* Must be available to work all shifts either on a rotational or straight shift assignment.
* Must have the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be flexible as job focus and assignments may change frequently based on operational needs.
* Forklift certification from a previous company and/or state agency.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Previous experience working in a heavy industrial and/or manufacturing environment.
*You can apply online ( www.Chaseprofessionals.Com) or apply in person at 2700 Broad Street, Suite 136, Chattanooga, TN 37408
*Pre-Employment Screening: *Drug screen and background check required.
*Chase Professionals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: *All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law