Job Category: Light Industrial
Job Number: 345594
Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
Summary: Completes customer orders, receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments including inbound, outbound, domestic and international UPS/ freight orders by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses pick tickets to assemble customer orders (Picking and pulling) from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Records amounts of materials or items distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Drives motorized forklift to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Counts inventory items as directed by Inventory Manager.
- Drives motorized forklift as needed.
- Keeps Shipping area clean, in order, and dusted.
- Observes all safety and security procedures for assigned area. Uses equipment and materials properly and reports potentially unsafe conditions to management. Personal safety actions will be accountable in performance review.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be PIT certified, or possess the ability to achieve certification.
- Knowledge of Syteline manufacturing software or similar software.
- Microsoft Word beginner knowledge.
- MS Excel beginner knowledge.
- MS Outlook beginner knowledge.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to interpret and prioritize production schedules, orders and requisitions.
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and be able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and may be exposed to shop elements such as dust, odors, fumes and oils. Ambient temperatures can range from very-hot to cool. This job entails frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery.
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location