Job Category: Light Industrial
Job Number: 349620
#IND (send resumes to hguzman@chaseprofessionals.Com)
Salary: 55K-65K/ year
Location: Buford, GA
Lead, train, and develop our hourly shipping team to accurately process and ship customer orders on a daily basis. Develop work group standards for performance to measure and improve productivity, efficiency and accuracy. Follow distribution SOP s. Resolve time-sensitive issues for expedited shipments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for staffing, training, motivation and leadership of hourly warehouse employees; develop a team-based work culture.
- Build morale by confronting and resolving negative influences in the work environment. Resolve employee problems or complaints and/or refer to upper management for resolution.
- Establish and maintain procedures for determining and meeting company and customer delivery commitments by handling materials, managing labor for the most effective use of time.
- Ensure that materials shipped are verified against pertinent documentation.
- Recommend and assist in implementing operating procedures, promote continual improvement.
- Partner with management and human resources to implement employment actions such as hiring, progressive discipline, evaluations, and promotions.
- Discipline employees in work related activities, company policies, and procedures. Counsel employees on personal growth and/ or career development.
- Ensures housekeeping standards are maintained on a daily basis.
- Promotes a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA and other regulatory requirements.
- Complete and deliver all Annual Performance Reviews for hourly shipping employees.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (Provide a list of skills and experience needed for the job. Some common things are listed)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment, and have a strong attention to detail. Must be a proactive self starter who can work well without supervision.
- Minimum 3 years prior supervisory experience managing hourly floor personnel in a distribution environment, including warehouse management systems (WMS), inventory management and planning and knowledge of supply chain functions.
- Proven ability to multitask, set and manage priorities based on management and customer requirements
- HAZMAT Certification required or possess the ability to become certified.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and analytical skills; able to partner and communicate with all levels of an organization from hourly associates to senior management.
- Background with distribution of goods in a quality controlled and HAZMAT environment.
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in Logistics Management, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WMS and JDE systems.
- Reports to Distribution Operations Manager
- Assistant operations manager
- Process improvement manager
- Receiving supervisor
- HR manager and assistants
- Inventory specialist
- Logistics / transportation manager
- Logistics planners
- Quality engineers
Typical distribution operation (492, 000 sq. Ft.) with 97 dock doors and JDA warehouse management system.
Must possess a class A forklift certification be proficient on all types of lifts used within the facility. Must have ability to use hands and fingers to complete tasks quickly and efficiently. In addition, must have the ability to move freely throughout the facility without physical limitation, and capacity to sit or stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs., and have the ability to bend, stoop and reach.