Job Category: Engineering
Job Number: 346128
Chase Professionals has an immediate need for a Transportation Engineer in the Atlanta, GA area. This a full time direct hire position with salary pay, and excellent benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the project team to perform project analysis on technical aspects of the design.
- Perform engineering design and specifications, compute average complexity design calculations, and prepare engineering plans using design software and drawing tools (CAD).
- Prepare and present routine technical reports.
- Read and interpret engineering plans, maps, survey field notes, aerial photographs and drawings.
- Perform design research to develop recommendations for approaches, concepts, materials or equipment selection.
- Review and comply with production work-plans, production schedules and production budgets.
- Work with project managers to establish staffing plans, work schedules, contract budgets and scopes of work.
- Comply with and participate in all company safety and quality programs
- Responsible for technical elements of highway engineering projects.
- Coordination with client, subconsultants, other disciplines and the public.
- Prepare comprehensive engineering reports.
- Geometric design, drainage and grading, signing and marking, maintenance of traffic, erosion control/MS4 and construction cost estimating.
- Additional related assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or other relevant engineering degree from an ABET accredited undergraduate or graduate program is required.
- 2-6 years experience in highway design.
- EIT required. PE preferred or ability to obtain within 2 years.
- Ability to apply discretion and independent judgment required.
- Knowledge of engineering and/or design software (such as MicroStation, InRoads, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Revit and BIM) is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Georgia DOT policies and procedures is a plus.
- Must be skilled in position competencies including: Technical Ability, Quality Focus, Results Focus, Analytic Thinking, Continuous Learning, Time Management and Teamwork.
If interested please send resumes to jtaylor@chaseprofessionals.Com or call 404-250-5142 . If applying online, please select Atlanta Technical Branch .
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status, or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.