Job Category: Light Industrial
Job Number: 345847
Pay Rate: $12.00/hour
General Purpose: (Summarize overall purpose of job.)
This position is used to build wooden items for customer use with their product to ensure efficiency and ease of transporting paper machine clothing.
1. Carpenter Assistant 50%
- Build crates, pallets, skids, tube ends, and other wooden manufactured items at customer s request.
- Repair crates, pallets, skids, etc as needed due to poor packaging / handling by customers.
- Oversee the crate area and ensure proper productivity from all employees in that area.
2. Warehouse Helper 50%
- Miscellaneous Warehouse Duties as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Assist Material Handling Specialist with loading & unloading paper machine clothing from dry van trailers to warehouse utilizing forklifts and trailer crane.
- Complete unload sheet for all loads that are being unloaded to be utilized by office staff to find and correct any errors with piece # s.
- Assist Material Handling Specialists to follow load sheet to load a trailer with the necessary pieces as determined by office staff and ensure accuracy.
- Check behind others when loading trailers to ensure accuracy and safety.
- Work weekend / night shift rotation as needed (every other week)
- Run the floor cleaner as needed to clean up debris from staging area.
- Perform general cleaning duties and act as janitor for the office space
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
High school diploma preferred. Carpentry experience preferred.
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or
more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
X Seeing X Lifting (specify) 75 Pounds X Carrying (specify) 75 Pounds
__ Color Perception (Red, Green, Amber) X Hearing/Listening
__ Clear Speech X Climbing
X Ability to Mount and Dismount Forklift/Truck __ Driving (local/over the road)
X Touching X Ability to Move Distances Within and Between Warehouses/Offices
__ Dexterity __ Hand __ Finger __ Other
X Reading - Simple __ Writing- Complex X Analysis/Comprehension
__ Reading - Complex __ Clerical X Judgment/Decision Making
X Writing Simple X Basic Math Skills
X Shift Work X Outside __ Pressurized Equipment
X Works Alone X Extreme Heat X Moving Objects
X Works with Others X Extreme Cold __ High Places
X Verbal Contact w/Others X Noise X Fumes/Odors
X Face-to-Face Contact X Mechanical Equipment __ Hazardous Materials
X Inside X Electrical Equipment X Dirt Dust
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
This is an accurate description of the essential functions of my position.