Job Category: Light Industrial
Job Number: 344526
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour
Job Title: Shipping Lead
Shift: 2nd Shift 2pm to 11pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and develop the production scheduling and plant logistics planning team.
- Safety first attitude, Ensure compliance to all safety rules.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems related to production, quality, and safety.
- Evaluate and review hourly employee performance.
- Follow all company policies, plant rules, and procedures.
- Responsible for material handling duties and making sure the employees on the line have all needed materials and supplies needed to do their job.
- Responsible for reporting immediately to the safety department any safety near-misses or accidents within their department.
- Direct employees to meet department safety, quality, and production standards.
- Generate and/or verify required reports (Quality and Production).
- Minimize conflict and facilitate open lines of communications.
- Facilitates effective cross-training of employees.
- Manage work-plans and schedules.
- Defines process improvement requirements, initiatives and performance reporting requirements.
- Collaborates with other departmental leaders and department material handlers to ensure business needs are met.
- Observe work and verify employees are following job descriptions and other work standards to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Participates in performance appraisals of team members on the floor.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area.
- Read and follow product Bill of Material (BOM).
- Utilize communication skills to resolve employee issues.
- Responsible for working safely at all times. Adhere to all safety rules and OSHA requirements. Also responsible for ensuring all employees within the department are working safely and following all safety rules and OSHA standards.
- Lift objects up to 40 lbs. And for objects over 40 lbs. Get assistance in moving.
- Maintain good attendance as per the Attendance Policy.
- Manages daily production related issues.
- Gathers data and identifies a daily strategy to maximize product quality and productivity
- Other duties as assigned by group lead/supervisor.
Ability to read, write, and speak English effectively.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Experience:
- Leadership and accountability of self and employees.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perfo rm the functions of the job.
- Able to work from verbal or written instructions.
- Able to perform basic math equations including adding, subtracting, and multiplying numbers.
- Computer Skills
- Strong management skills and ability to motivate.
- Ability to remove barriers to team member success.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with both internal and external clients, vendors and team members.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Good organizational skills with attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite. Also, Lotus Notes, and SAP preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Associates Degree and or attending college in pursuit of a degree.
- Respecting Diversity, Continuous Improvement, Safety, Customer Focus, Integrity, Quality, Productivity
Must pass 7 year Nationwide/Statewide background check & Drug Screen.
Please follow these instructions to apply for this position:
1. Go to www.Chaseprofessionals.Com and apply online, select the Lawrenceville Branch
2. Come into our office Monday Friday 9: 00am-11: 00am or 1: 00pm-3: 00pm
3. Bring with you two forms of ID and direct deposit information
1766 Old Norcross Rd Suite P Lawrenceville, Ga 30044 ( 770) 932-3223
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as disabled veteran, marital status or any other legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.