Job Category: Light Industrial
Job Number: 348330
Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
Yard Associate - (Yard/Forklift/Warehouse)
Looking for an Operations/ Forklift Associate for the Cumming, GA location. Routine duties include pulling orders for delivery, operating a forklift, loading and unloading trucks, stocking inventory and keeping warehouse and yard clean. Other duties may be assigned. All duties must be performed in a safe manner. Previous experience in a lumber yard is preferred, but not required. All work is done outdoors.
Forklift Operator/Order Puller-Under direct supervision performs a variety of material handling activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine laborer tasks on a regular schedule such as pulling orders for delivery, unloading trucks, stocking inventory and keeping warehouse and yard clean and safe
- Responds to special requests such as moving, carrying materials by hand or hauling materials with a cart or forklift.
- Loads trucks for delivery
- Double checks material pulled against pick ticket to ensure accuracy
- Understands and observes safety policies and practices in order to prevent injuries to oneself or coworkers
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate
Knowledge of safety policies while performing job responsibilities
High school diploma or General Education Development (GED); or equivalent work experience This is an entry level position where the associate will receive on-the-job training. Previous Forklift experience required.
Work is performed primarily in an outdoor environment and warehouse and is subject to variations in temperature and weather. Can be extreme heat and or cold. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- forklift operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- GA-400, Cumming, GA (Preferred)
Email resumes to agonzalez@chaseprofessionals.Com